Plaster Orgonite

Re: Plaster Orgonite

Unread post by SandAndSun »

Linda, thank you! it took me a while (probably close to 3 weeks) to collect all the ingredients, but I am so happy that i did it :) I think you would love your pieces when you make them, i've had a lot of fun making them :)
I've been collecting different type of materials for few months now, so I am planning to do another batch soon, to have a matching pair :)
It feels really good to be around the pieces, the sky looks brighter, with not much clouds around my area, though there are almost constant overcasts now, but it clears up usually by the day's end... Pieces totally dried up now, and look a bit frosted, from salt probably...
will be waiting for the pics to see your creations :)
anna

Unread post by Josh »

Alright you lovely Plasterite makers, after some time has passed I can see that the amount of salt that I/we put in the mixture is way to much, it appear to come out of the plaster after a while. So I reduced the amount I put in; now I have reduced the salt volume to a tablespoon for a 25 pound bag, and we shall see the results from that change.
I do not want to completely eliminate the salt for all its minerals present within, but I have been putting in way too much.
New pictures coming soon
Josh

Josh,

I noticed the same thing, the big cone looks almost completely frosted now, the little one was exposed to some humidity and when dried up for the second time, looks as in the first picture, but was frosted with white prior to getting a little wet... What's interesting, is that the salt was pinkish gray, but the frosting is bright white color... :)

sandANDsun

Unread post by Josh »

This is very interesting, could it be that the plaster is acting as a filtering device letting only the pure sodium chloride to come out and keeping the minerals insides itself, and you are totally correct, I have observed the same thing, but too retarded to put two and two together :roll: :roll:
Josh

Unread post by Monsoon Gecko »

G'day gifters, made another lot of plasterite with another class today.
Still using many crystals and quartz point. Have not taken to bare essentials yet .
The students love collecting and pawing through their treasure, before pouring.
Got to keep the intrigue / entertainment element up.
Also shells, sand , salt and Pillowed water.
This time I added nag champa oil...what seemed a couple of drops..next time
employ an eyedropper ! Really strong but nice ,
Again, many reported buzzing when held and were really taken by the getting
colder effect as it cured...(salt)... side show physics fun...another lesson there !
.....but best of all, they get to take them home. ! ! !
Geez..I can still smell nag champa on my fingers, washed twice !
Bet the students can TOO.....ha ha ha....ha ha ha

Postby SandAndSun on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 pm

moonson gecko, It is so amazing that kids can do it... I can imagine how much excitement is there to create these beautiful things...

I've made another one this weekend as well... when i took it out of the mold, i saw that the part next to the crystal was not filled with plaster, so it looks like a geode :)
Question: should i fill the cavity with new plaster or should i leave as is? Also, what about sending: one of the sides came out not too even, so i was thinking - should i send it or keep as is?
I knew i forgot something :) I really wanted to get the nag champa, i am so curious how it smells... All right i will add it to the next one..

This time, i didn't add any colors, and used pretty much the same ingredients, just added some iodine, more herbs, kyanite, one shiva lingam stone, and a glass of diatomaceous earth (thank you for this wonderful discovery, i've been taking it for a week now). also, used a regular quartz crystal, no lemurians this time. i added 7 salt crystals to the mix, instead of the regular salt. Crystals didn't dissolve much, so they are somewhere in there...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread post by Josh »

Anna this is good, I am amazed at the stuff you put in, if you replace the plaster for whole wheat flour we could almost eat the thing; love it
j

thank you, josh, it does have a warm rye bread color... :) probably because of iodine

Unread post by Josh »

Anna what is the reason for the iodine ?
j

well.... not sure if it makes sence, or weather it is correct or not, but my logic was: each stone, hearb, vitamin, mineral transmitts it's own unique signal, and what it seems happening that the plasterite/organite is multiplying that signal significantly... So, I thought if i would add some vitamins/minerals/herbs that i take daily to the plasterite it will maybe send those vibes as well... we all seem to be connected and have pretty much the same deficiencies, so i thought it will be good... I did not added much, just a few drops.. but i guess it was sufficient to cause the color change... I called the new guy "cleansing" as it has a bit of cinamon, chilli perpers, neem oil, iodine, seabuckthorn oil, tea tree oil, eucaliptus and vitamin E... any thoughts on that aspect?